We Research Menstrual Health
We created the first body of evidence on menstruation in Myanmar
Very little data was available on the subject of menstrual health in Myanmar when Pan Ka Lay started. With the support of donors and partners, we conducted and commissioned research to gather the data and insights that guide every decision we take.
- 29 in-depth individual interviews and 26 focus group discussions with girls, young women and mothers of girls
- 8 focus group discusssions and 8 individual in-depth interviews with boys and young men
- A quantitative survey of attitudes to menstruation with 200 young women in Yangon
- Ethnographic studies in rural Shan State and Ayeyarwady Region
- A mapping survey of all menstrual health initiatives in Myanmar, in partnership with UNFPA